With summer soon settling in, it is likely that you will want to spend more time outdoors on your deck. The perfect spot to relax with friends and family. If you are looking for ways to improve your summer deck scene, then we’ve got some fresh ideas to make your outdoor space be more inviting and enjoyable. Hope you will love these ideas!
- Decorate your yard – If you are not planning nay holiday soon, why not turn your backyard into a holiday-type spot. You can install a deck railing to help your outdoor living space feel more light and airy. If you want to be surrounded by nature, you can add some potted plants.
- Build a wraparound deck – A wraparound deck is built along two sides of your home as it provides sunlight and easy access to the outdoors. These decks are perfect if you love having parties as there could be a place for your guests to overflow and socialize. Wraparound decks are the best as it looks like an extension of your living room.
- Add color – Give your furniture a new life by painting them! Take a good look at the finish and if it’s looking a bit dull, then it’s not your style anymore.
- Spend your evenings out – Trade your sofas for deck chairs and other comfortable outdoor furniture on your new deck. Put your feet up and enjoy some tanning. You can also add some lights to help you enjoy the evenings as well.
- Add lighting – As mentioned above, lights are important while improving your deck. Agreed the days are longer and the nights are warm, so adding some ambient lights to your space can let you enjoy those summer nights more. If you are really into decoration, then turn your deck into a fairy tale garden with string lights along the railings. You can also create a tropical jungle with lanterns and tiki torches.
- Create different zones – If you plan to host any parties this summer, then designate different zones for grilling, dining, dancing, and relaxing. If you have a pool then decorate it as an oasis.
- Plan for heavy foot traffic – You deck will most likely become the most popular room in your house, especially if you are hosting or if the weather is pleasant. Before anything, just focus on the amount of time you are going to go on the deck.
- Cover up – As it’s summer, the sun will be there always! So if you are not a fan of the sun, then go for deck umbrella or pergola. Any of these can add dimension and livability to your space.
Are you inspired or still looking for ideas? Let us know in the comment section below.