Category : Home Renovation
It can be quite difficult to choose the perfect type of roofing for your retrofitting, new house or commercial buildings.
We have so many choices out there nowadays that you might
For residential roofs, Ceramic Tiles, Asphalt, Wood, Slates and so on, have proven to be appropriate with Asphalt being the most common one. As for commercial buildings,
Below are some of the most common roofing types along with their advantages:
- Fiberglass Shingles–They
are madeof a fiberglass-base mat, layered with a waterproof coating, and topped with ceramic granules reflecting UV rays.
- Organic Shingles–Organic shingles
are initially madeof wood chips, rags, recycled cardboard, or paper. They also have a layer of asphalt to make them waterproof.
- Three-Tab Shingles–These are shingles with cutouts running along the bottom edge and they are less expensive.
- Architectural Shingles–They
aren’t madewith cutouts and aren’t recommendedfor low slope roofs.
- Tile Shingles–Perfect if you are looking for stylish roofing. Often used on colonial Spanish or Mediterranean style properties.
- Ceramic Tiles–
Generally durable, fireproof, fade resistant and can last up to 50+ years.
- Slate Tiles–Most appropriate if you wish to have sophisticated roofing material for an upscale home (Fire resistant with an expected life of 100 years)
• The price is more affordable than other shingles and expensive tiles.
• Durable and more green-friendly, if constructed from recycled or harvested wood.
• The materials produce a minimal impact on the quality of water runoff with a lifetime of 30+ years.
- Cedar shingles
are well groundedand ideal for homeowners wishing for long-lasting roofs.
- Recommended for sunny and hot regions as they are UV damage resistant.
- These shingles can easily tolerate extreme weather conditions.
- This is becoming more achievable nowadays, as they are more environmentally friendly and less costly.
- One important factor to
be consideredabout Metal Roofing is that it can at timesbe quitenoisy whenever it is raining. If you don’t take good care of the metal roof, inconveniences such as loose nails, rusted patches, leaks, and moisture may arise.
However, on an ending note, out of the several roofing methods mentioned above, Metal Roofing