Category : Home Renovation
– What is a designer bathroom?
– Design bathroom: a minimalist basis
– Dressing a designer bathroom: simplicity and elegance
– Where to find the elements of the designer bathroom?
The designer bathroom seduces lovers of noble materials and pure aesthetics. To compose your designer bathroom, you must carefully choose the wall and floor coverings, furniture and accessories. Breathtaking by nature, the designer bathroom is, at the entry level, also accessible to small budgets.
What is a designer bathroom?
The designer bathroom is characterized by a contemporary, minimalist and airy look. Whatever its surface, the space is uncluttered, volumes and light are highlighted. Furniture and accessories are chosen to form a coherent whole.
Design bathroom: a minimalist base
The designer bathroom is available in a maximum of 2 or 3 colors. Favor:
– Neutral tones, such as beige, gray, white;
– the natural colors of the raw materials;
– black and white for a graphic effect.
You also have the option of decorating the designer bathroom with a strong color, such as orange, mauve, royal blue or canary yellow. You may prefer discreet touches, such as accessories or bathroom linen, or even a section of wall if your room is large.
Wall and floor coverings
The designer bathroom gives pride of place to prestigious and durable materials. For the walls as well as for the floor, consider:
– wood, which brings warmth;
– waxed concrete, for an industrial style;
– marble, for a majestic and luminous aesthetic;
– monochromatic tiles, or in 2 colors for an electric effect.
For the walls, think about wall painting in a sober color.
For accessories and furniture for your designer bathroom, turn to:
Dressing a designer bathroom: simplicity and elegance
The equipment sets the tone for your designer bathroom. Choose:
– the Italian shower, spacious and visually light;
– the island bathtub, which dramatizes the space;
– the washbasin, placed on a counter top or a piece of furniture;
– the hanging toilet, if your toilet is not in a separate room.
To store your beauty products, your bath linen and possibly your cleaning products, you need bathroom furniture.
Choose furniture that visually occupies as little space as possible. If your bathroom is narrow, it is better to opt for a piece of furniture placed on the floor, under the washbasin, in order to save space. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom, wall-mounted furniture is an effective solution.
Tip: Make sure that the color of your furniture matches the color of the walls and/or floor of your bathroom.
Accessories play an important role in the decoration of your designer bathroom. For example, you can opt for:
– a chrome-plated fitting;
– recessed lighting fixtures for walls, ceiling or furniture;
– shower accessories, towel rails and stainless steel cups;
– large mirrors or even a whole wall of mirrors;
– Plain and matching bath linen.
Where to find the elements of the designer bathroom?
For wall and floor coverings, you can go to a DIY and home improvement store. Equipment can be purchased from specialist companies and furniture chains. For accessories, you have a wide range of choices: department stores, decoration shops, furniture and DIY stores…
As far as prices are concerned, they vary enormously depending on the range and the number of people using the bathroom. On average, without taking into account the work of a craftsman for the installation, count approximately:
– between $40 and $400/m² for the wall covering;
– between $40 and $1,000/m² for the floor covering;
– between $70 and $4,000 for equipment, per unit;
– between $20 and $300 for accessories, per unit.