Category : Home Improvement
Ancient Chinese art of arranging living spaces, Feng Shui is based on the same principles as alternative medicine therapies. The point of Feng Shui is to maximize energy or life force in the environment for utmost safety and productivity. Feng Shui also strengthens the bond between a couple and attract love as well as boost your sleep pattern. So here are some tips for improving the Feng Shui in your bedroom.
- Start with your bed – Placing your bed in an ideal position that is in front of the door, a close view of the door gives a sense of safety and helps in relaxation and sleep. The ‘foot’ of the bed should not point towards the door as this position is known as the “coffin”. If it can’t be avoided, then place a foot-board, high bench, or a table at the foot of the bed. It acts as a buffer and does not block the view of the door. The head of the bed should be against a wall. But be careful not place a bed under a window as it causes restless sleep.
- Remove all electronics – Television, exercise gear, or a workspace in a bedroom changes the meaning of bedroom as it symbolizes wakefulness and consumes energy. If you have no option, then it is better to hide such items. You can place the TV in a cabinet or neatly cover it with a cloth.
- Clear clutter – According to Feng Shui, clutter is more distracting than mess as it can block the flow of qi, disturb sleep, and prevent things in your life from moving forward. Remember that neatness is also for places that you can’t see. Remember, don’t use the space under your bed and always keep the inside of your closet tidy. It is important to close your closet door at night. Also, don’t pile books on top of your nightstand or dresser.
- Feng Shui color balance – To have a good Feng Shui balance, remember to use soothing colors. A balanced décor promotes the best flow of energy for restorative sleep as well as sexual healing. Choose colors from pale white to rich chocolate brown that will work best for your bedroom décor.
- Relocate mirrors – According to Feng Shui, if you are not sleeping well the real culprit is the mirror. Mirrors are thought to bounce energy around the bedroom which may result in restlessness and increases worries. It is also cautioned not to hang a mirror on the wall opposite your bed.
- Artwork according to Feng Shui – If you are planning to hang any images that are inspirational, uplifting or relaxing, then the best place is on the wall opposite your bed as it would be one of the first things that you see when you wake up.
So now let Feng Shui be part of your life!