Tips For Creating The Ultimate Outdoor Dining Experience
Category : Home Improvement
Summer is here finally, the days to stay out until late at night, the warm evenings spent with the right people and have barbecue evenings with your best friends. What better place to enjoy the summer than the garden or backyard! The winter months might have looked bad and caused a lot of problems to your patio. So if you are looking to create a space where you can enjoy dining with your friends and families, then here are some tips that can help you.
- Create an ambiance – If you want to create an ambiance, then go for string lights, they have a better effect on making space look more comfortable. Deck it up on a rail or on the wall nearby or on the pergola to produce a warm glow. String lights can add the perfect amount of intimate lighting for evening soirees. If you have a pergola, then look out for lighting options available to be added to the structure.
- Protect from the weather – Yes, it is summer but with summer comes the unpredictable rains! So protect your dining area with a retractable canopy that makes any space waterproof. These can work best with pergolas, awnings or with other outdoor structures.
- Figure out your furniture- Once you know which furniture to use, then it becomes easy to decorate the space. Check if the furniture fits and if there is any space left. Always keep the bar chairs and the dining table chairs separate. If you prefer to have casual dinner parties, you might focus more on seating, perhaps with small coffee tables or side tables to put down plates, instead of having a dining table. But you might prefer a more formal setup, with a table and dining chairs.
- Arrange and style your pieces – Focus more on the comfort for yourself and that of your dinner guests. For a small space, add a counter-height table and a pair of chairs. Family-style dinners lend themselves well to long, rectangular tables and benches, which seat more guests. If you have a large patio space, consider dividing it into zones—the grilling and bar area, a lounge area, where guests can prop their feet up and settle into a club chair, a dining area lined with benches along one side and chairs along with the other.
- Add dinner entertainment to your dining area – If you want to create a sociable and relaxed outdoor dining area, you might consider some entertainment outside too. Some people prefer dining while they are watching TV or listening to music. Install a sound system so that you are able to play your guests’ favorite music while you eat or socialize.
Now you can set yours up as soon as you can to prepare for summer.