Attics are so much more than dusty old rooms that we forget that exist. After converting an attic into one of the most livable places in your house, there is the need to decorate it. As cozy as it can be, an attic bedroom does need some decoration to make it more lively and more interesting. If you have successfully turned your attic into a bedroom, then here are some ways to level up the decor and surprise people with something worth all the efforts.
1. Assess your space – Remember to measure every available nook and cranny in your attic space. Consider the measurements downstairs to your main living space and compare the numbers to the furniture so that you can get a clue to what might fit. Decide whether you want to have a queen bed or just a twin bed.
2. Embrace the beauty of the bedroom – Regarded as the coziest room that can be, an attic bedroom has a charm of its own. To make the room look more appealing, decorate it with something that represents you making it more personal and the ideal magical place to hang out.
3. Choose the colors – Various colors could help make the room look larger. If you had always believed that you must keep your smaller rooms painted white, then here is some interesting news for you. You can have color and still make the attic room feel larger by using colors which reflect equal brightness, or choosing a monochromatic color palette. So you can paint with all pale blue, or stick to high-intensity colors in the same range such as red and orange. Go for wallpapers for interest; it makes the room look more captivating.
4. Have storage with a built-in bed – Look for a bed that has storage for all the things you have. Such beds are comfortable and functional. Go for bigger beds for teens and grown-ups and place it under the highest part of the ceiling rather than under the eaves. It is better that you focus on the functionality of the room.
5. Let there be more light – Do not hesitate to use more white on the ceiling, walls, and floors. White paint helps the attic to look more lively and open. Make use of your creativity and imagination to make the room look good.
After renovating your attic to a bedroom, it is essential that you go for decorating it even though it does require some skill and vision to pull it off.