For the aesthetics of your home, the interior and exterior design must be thought through in detail. Paint plays a vital role in decoration and design. This article will review the different types of paints, the right tools, and their functionality. You will certainly find the right color shades for your home.
Paints or shades for building
These are paints that are used to decorate or treat buildings. Here are some examples:
- Coating: is used to fill cracks and holes in the walls
- Acrylic paints: have a good adhesion on all usual building supports and are intended to give color to the ceiling and internal walls.
- Glycerophtalic gloss paints: a solid and washable paint that has a quick-drying system after application. It is used to decorate the interior. Glycerophthalic paints are resistant, have a high gloss and opacity.
The floor also needs fixing paints to guarantee heavy and intense traffic resistance. Whether it is for private or professional use, it should be well treated with epoxy paint.
You can do this painting job yourself or request the services of qualified painters like DM Couverture.
Anti-corrosion paints to treat metals
Metal materials such as woodwork or decorative furniture need regular treatment. To do this, apply anti-corrosion or anti-rust products to protect them from oxidation. In fact, the paint thinners and cold galvanization are the most effective.
Paints to treat wooden materials
To ensure the durability of PVC or wood furniture, it is necessary to do periodic maintenance, including the application of consolidation paints. In fact, the wood paste is an effective product to protect them against various aggressions (effect of light, humidity, creaking). Thus, the application of this product on the damaged parts allows to reconstitute them.
Paint thinners are solvents that are used to bring dried-out paints back to a liquid state. They are also used to clean oil painting tools.
Technical paint products
Technical products and waterproofing are inseparable from ensuring effective maintenance and treatment of a building. Here are some samples of specialized products:
- water repellent for wall maintenance
- Varnish or polyurethane waterproofing for floor covering;
A painter or a painting company must have the following tools:
- Simple or rechambered inch brushes
- Flat brushes for smoothing, cleaning, or sealing
- Brushes for impregnation or gluing
- radiator and professional brushes
- An upholstery table
- An ebonite glue roller
- Paint rollers or sleeves with adjustable rings
- Coating knives for roughing or jointing
- Smoothing knives
- Smooth knives for the installation of coatings
- Drills with adaptable stands
- Telescopic poles
- Paint trays
- Series of paint guns
- Smooth paper for masking
- Protective equipment (latex gloves, overalls)
In addition, instead of applying waterproofing to interior walls, use wallpapers that are effective decorating devices. These are easy to adhere to and available in many themes to choose from.
Dress for the job
Painting is a messy job, so we wouldn’t recommend putting on your Sunday’s best to do this specific job. Put on a long sleeve shirt, old work pants, a pair of old tennis shoes, and a cap to protect yourself from the paint that will eventually drip or fall on you. Because, you will always get paint in you while painting, no matter how careful you are while painting and handling the paint, it is the nature of the job. By covering yourself properly, you won’t have to scrub away paint on your skin at the end of the day. Also, line your floor with plastics or old newspaper, which will protect your floors from paint drippings.
Sound off in the comments section below and tell us if you want to read more about painting.