Placing LED lights on the ceiling brings a lot of light and warmth to the room. This efficient lighting creates a visual effect of space and the room will appear larger.
We will see step by step how to place LED lights on the ceiling. It is very easy!
LED lights are energy efficient lights that can be adjusted to different intensities and colour changes. There is a wide range of colours and brightness that you can match to the decoration of your home without losing the quality of the lighting.
They are also very easy to place and can create spectacular effects. The LED strips have an adhesive that makes them easy to place, you just have to calculate the size you want and stick them on. You can also cut and splice the strips at will.
One of the most important features of LED lights is that they are very economical and efficient. If we compare them with traditional lights, the electricity consumption is reduced between 60% and 80%.
These characteristics have made them the most popular lighting in today’s homes.
The most common way to place LED lights is around the ceiling or on the edges of the suspended ceiling. We will show you in detail, step by step, how to place LED lights on the ceiling.
Step by Step Guide to Installing LED Strip Lights in the Ceiling
The first thing to do before you start installing the LED lights is to measure the surface.
To do this, measure the perimeter of the ceiling where you want to place the strips and the distance to the socket.
Now that we have the measurements, we buy the strips that best suit our needs. We need to pay particular attention to the tone of the light and the voltage.
If we don’t want the strips to be visible, we also need to buy profiles and corners.
If we want to cut the strips, we have to do it at the marked points. Then we can splice the LED strips together.
Now that everything is ready, we place the aluminum profiles we have chosen in the area where we want to install the LED strips. If you want to place them directly, this step is not necessary.
Next, clean and dry the area where we are going to place the strips and remove the protective paper from the adhesive. We will gradually glue the LED lights to the profile.
Finally, connect the strips to the power supply and check that it works properly. The power supply must be taken into account when placing the LED strips. It is recommended to leave a margin of 10-20% power on the unused power supply.
As you can see, placing LED lights for a room is very simple.
Here is a step-by-step guide to installing LED spotlights on the ceiling.
To place the LED bulbs, we need to mark with a pencil the points where we want to install the lights. Then, using a crown, drill holes in the marks you have made. The diameter should be the same as the diameter of the spots we are going to place.
Once the holes have been drilled, connect the electric cables to the spotlight and put a seal on it.
Finally, we insert the chimney. To do this, bend the two springs on the sides of the chimney and insert it. Our spotlight is now installed!
Common Mistakes When Installing LED Lights on the Ceiling
- Not measuring the surface: before placing the LED lights, we need to measure the surface to know how many LED strips or spots we need. We can start placing the LED lights and they may not be enough.
- Do not prepare the surface before gluing the strips: the surface where we glue the LED lights must be clean and dry. Otherwise the adhesive will not stick properly.
- Not paying attention to the corners: the strips must be flexible and we will need connectors in the corners.
- Wrong orientation of the strips: the lamps should face down for good lighting.
- Wrong cutting of the LED strips: the LED strips must be cut along the cutting line, which is a dotted line that crosses the copper dots.
- Be careful when handling the strips: Be careful when handling the LED strips as resistors and tracks can be damaged.
- Do not use an amplifier: when installing LED strips longer than 8 metres, an amplifier should be used.